Opening a crypto wallet is essential if you want to own bitcoin or another cryptocurrency. It acts similar to your cash wallet but is found online and is where you store your cryptocurrencies.
Our account managers are experts on which are the best wallets to use. The quickest way to set one up is to contact your personal account manager and have them walk you through the process. Below is a selection of our preferred wallets:
For a step by step guide to open a cryptocurrency wallet, see below for our favoured two:
- Go to gatehub.net and click ‘Sign Up’.
- Enter your email and choose a password. Click ‘ I am not a robot’.
- You will then be required to enter some further information, this consists of 5 stages:
- The account type you intend to use.
- Your phone number, you will then be sent a verification code to that number.
- Enter your Gathub name (no spaces).
- Your profile, including a picture and your personal details (name, date of birth, address and gender).
- You must upload some documents to prove your identity (passport, ID card or driving license) and proof of address (Utility bill, bank statement, tax bill or certificate of residency).
- You will then be asked which currency wallet you want to open first.
- To receive your cryptocurrency, click ‘WALLET’ on the left tool bar.
- The wallet address is what you will send to the seller of the cryptocurrency you want to buy. They can then transfer the coins into your wallet.
- For extra security we recommend on the home page that you enable the 2-step verification. This will add an extra step to logging into your account, increasing the security.
You do have the option to skip some of these steps, but this limits your purchasing power.
- Go to www.cryptonator.com and click ‘Sign Up’.
- Choose between ‘perconal account’ or ‘merchant account’ and then enter your email address and a password. Click ‘Creat an account’.
- You must then confirm your account by logging onto your email and opening the email from Cryptonator. Click the button ‘Confirm Your Email’.
- Sometimes you may get a warning saying that you are logging in from an unknown IP address. You will receive another email to confirm the IP address.
- Once your IP address is verified, you will have the option to read a setup guide. You can refer back to this guide whenever you like.
- You will then find your wallets in a list on the homepage. You can generate wallets address by clicking on a wallet and ‘Generate *coin* address’.
- This is the address you will send to the person you are buying the cryptocurrency from.